Materials Processing Institute
Innovation is about improving products, processes and services leading to business efficiencies and growth and is crucial to the continued success of any organisation.
With over 70 years’ excellence in materials and process innovation, the Materials Processing Institute has extensive industry knowledge, and through Innovate Tees Valley, the Institute supports SMEs as they develop and grow their businesses.
Staged support for SMEs
The Materials Processing Institute provides business support to SMEs, helping them realise the benefits of implementing product, service and process innovation.
- Exploring relevant and applicable finance options
- Developing a plan for the business
- Facilitating introductions to other business support providers
- Upskilling through tailored business and technical coaching
- Brokering collaboration and developing partnerships with other companies
- Encouraging collaboration through transfer of knowledge, technology and skills